Welcome to my first post for the Baby Shower Basics series! Over the next few weeks I’ll be writing posts covering all you need to know about planning and hosting a baby shower. So if you are expecting or know someone who is, keep checking back, I’m here to help =)
So post one covers the first thing you need to decide when planning a baby shower: Who should host?
If you are the expectant mother you can choose whether to hold your own shower or let a willing volunteer do the honors. Lets have a look at the pros and cons of hosting your own shower.
- You can make all the decisions
- No surprises! You are in control
- You don’t need to find someone who wants to host a shower for you
- You can make your shower very personal to you
- Some people think that if they hold their own baby shower, it looks like they are asking for presents
- No surprises! This can be a pro or a con depending on your viewpoint
- Your are in control. Again could be a pro or con!
- Depending on how far you are into your pregnancy, you might not want the stress of hosting!
Just to be clear, I’ve included the first con because a few people have said that they were worried that if they hosted their own shower it would look like they just wanted presents. Personally I don’t think that guests would think that, I think there is nothing wrong with hosting your own shower but it is down to your preference. If you would rather someone else took charge, see if your mother, sister or a friend would like to host it for you.
On Saturday the lovely Emma from Life Is Peachy is sharing her baby shower story and yes she hosted it herself! So do check back for that =)
Bye for now!