Good morning! Welcome to part two of my Baby Shower Basics series. If you missed part one you can read it here. So now that you have decided who will be hosting the baby shower, you need to decide where it will be held.
Most baby showers are held at the home of whoever is hosting. Emma hosted her baby shower at home, you can read her story here. This is the most popular option but there are others:
- Meet at a favourite cafe or coffee shop- This one works well for a small, informal baby shower
- Hire a local community centre- If its going to be a large gathering this may be the best option but it may be expensive!
- Go outside! Meet in a local park for a picnic- Although in the UK this one can be a bit risky, pray for good weather!
When deciding where to hold the baby shower, think about these points:
- How many people will be invited?
- If holding at home, have you got enough space?
- What is your budget? Have you got enough to hire a hall/community centre?
- Will the location be easy for the guests to get to?
Hope this has helped, if you have any points to add please comment below! Part three will be posted next Thursday.
Earlier in the week I wrote this post about some ideas I have for 2014. One of my main goals for this blog is to provide more resources and information for people planning baby showers. I also want to give the blog more of a community feel by including readers opinions and experiences. So I’m going to need some volunteers…
Could it be you?
Firstly I am going to start a feature called “Put it to the panel” when three people will be asked their opinion on a topic, for example “Should men be invited to a baby shower?”. I will email the topic to the volunteers, then post their responses, with a link to their blog, twitter account etc (If desired). Anyone can take part in this, you don’t need to be a parent or have hosted a baby shower.
I would also like to hear your stories and experiences:
- Have you hosted a baby shower?
- Or perhaps someone hosted one for you when you were expecting?
- Did you have an unusual theme?
- Or held the shower in an unusual place?
- Did you invite men or children?
If so I would love to hear from you!
You can contact me by leaving a comment below or emailing me at email@example.com
Hopefully 2014 will be an exciting year!